Thursday 4 February 2016

YOUTH CORNER



A WITNESS TO HIS MAGNIFICENT GOODNESS

The Holy Bible says, “Arise Jerusalem,  and  shine like the sun;  the glory of the Lord is  shining on you”. (Isaiah 60:1)


Born and brought up in a traditional Catholic family that consisted of my strict disciplinarian father, my mother and two younger siblings. Tension grew in my family due to my weak academic reports and adding to it my father’s extra strictness was suffocating me. I was unable to do or decide anything. I tried doing various Diploma courses like Electronics, Secretary, Mechanical etc but failure awaited me everywhere. Meanwhile I was doing odd jobs which were neither helping me and parents out of their concern, would pressurize me to look for a better job. I was unable to find steadiness and eventually change it within a year or two. Day after day would pass just for the sake of it, I was neither living nor were there any rays of hope or future ambitions to look forward to. Initially I would obey my father half-heartedly, but then when the bitterness of disappointment at every opportunity seemed regular, I began to rebel against him, would not care for anyone else and lived a depressed and hopeless life.
I was regular in church and family prayers but with the constant flow of tensions, worries; I myself began to question the existence of God and my faith began to waver. Even the tiny drop of faith evaporated in the vast sea of my troublesome life along with the desire to live. Sickness entered into my life in the form of tuberculosis and a severe migraine which would continue haunting me for months. No medicine or treatments helped me. On the other end of my town a small prayer group began evolving; and all young and old were participating in it. Hearing about it from various sources, sparked my parents enthusiasm and they too tried an opportunity to attend KLWC to restore the family’s harmony imbalance. Just as salvation came to Zacchaeus and his family; similarly we were blessed with an opportunity. During their conversation with Respected Sister, my parents showed willingness to enroll their three sons in the Lord’s service without any reservation.   

Jesus said to Zacchaeus, “Salvation has come to this house today, for this man, also a descendant of Abraham. The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” (Luke 19:9-10)

My father who very rarely visited Church and its services, began to be a regular at the KLWC prayer meetings. When the life-giving Word of God began to work its power in my dad, numerous changes reflected in him and he would embark to draw others too into these meetings. Seeing my depressed state my father would repeatedly compel me to visit Respected Sister. To escape from further compulsions, I agreed and set out with him. To be frank I was curious to know the origin of my dad’s change in attitude. One bright afternoon, we stepped into her home. During the course of our conversation, my dad requested for a pray over for me and she obliged. As days passed, I observed that I was cured of my migraine; awakenness gave way to my depressed mind; voluntarily I began to attend KLWC meetings. Listening to the Bible preachings cleared my doubts and misunderstandings about God.

The Word of God “Cast all your anxiety  on  him he cares for  you”(1 Peter 5:7) assured and rekindled my faith in God and I surrendered all my uneasiness, worries and my burdens. The formation of the Youth Section and through my involvement in it I gained confidence and strong will power.  Regular attendance of the Youth classes sowed seeds of deep rooted faith. Soaking myself in God’s Love, washed away all my sorrows, grudge and unforgiveness towards my family members. God created a pure heart and new and loyal spirit in me. The inner healing classes helped me to reconcile to a great extent; to accept all who hurt me and wholeheartedly forgive and pray for them.

While I was being spiritually blessed, on other hand Lord favoured me with a steady job. As an active member, we are spiritually tutored to read the Holy Bible on a regular basis. Adhering to this rule, boosted my memory power and enabled me to grasp things on a faster scale. These amazing changes in me ignited a fire of hope to live for God alone. Praise the Lord! Halleluiah!  
To be honest, I did not have the courage to come forward and partake in the Lord’s work publicly; but my step towards Christ banished my fears and inferiority complex.
“Arise Jerusalem, and shine like the sun; the glory of the Lord is shining on you”. These words along  with the constant support of my team members encourages me to run towards my goal and keep my eyes fixed on the great reward that God has in store for me. 
                                              -By a silent warrior

                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"