Wednesday 9 December 2015

WORDS OF HOPE

Create a new pure heart in me oh! God, and put a new and loyal spirit in me. Psalms 51:10

To whom can the holy God be compared?
Is there anyone else like Him?
Look up at the sky!
Who created the stars you see?
The one who leads them out like an army.
His power is so great-
Not one of them is ever missing!

Israel, why then do you complain
that the Lord doesn’t know your troubles
or care if you suffer injustice?

Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God;
He created all the world.
He never grows tired or weary.
No one understands His thoughts
He strengthens those who are weak
and  tired.

Even those who are young grow weak;
young men can fall exhausted.
But those who trust in the Lord for help
will find their strength renewed.
They will rise on wings like eagles;
They will run and not get weary;
They will walk and not grow weak.
{Isaiah 40: 25-30]

As we advance to the second week of Advent, a week dedicated to the holy sacrament of reconciliation; it is time for us to do a thorough examination of our conscience. We may require healing and deliverance in various stages and areas of life.

In order to correct ourselves it is important to distinguish our actions that leads us to sin, to recognize its burden and consequences and the various sickness, diseases that afflicts and influences us.

So list out all the hook and crooked ways that arise lustful thoughts, activities that lead us to the path of destruction blocking the blessings of our life.

Beginning from our various addictions like drinks, drugs, gluttony, internet, bad films, bad friendships, smoking, job etc..to habituated lies, even white lies, gossip, boasting, spreading rumors, unable to see the goodness and prosperity of others.

The list may also include habits that we tend to seek comfort for e.g. comfort eating, watching television, oversleeping, destroying things, etc…
How about adding those that are lacking too, be it lack of sleep, intake of a proper meal at the dedicated time, lack of desire to groom oneself; lack of happiness; lack of spiritual nourishment etc.

The list is endless as well as varies from person to person. These are walls that are preventing God’s love from entering your life.

Let us take note of a woman suffering hemorrhage for twelve long years.
She was aware and of her sickness; with all her attempts to get healed futile she had given up all hope. That’s when she heard about Lord Jesus.

Not wanting to lose even the small chance of healing, she gathered courage from the desire thinking, “If only I can touch his cloak, I shall be cured”.  [Mat: 9-21]

In confidence, she touched the tassel of His cloak and behold!  She was healed. Her faith too was celebrated when Lord Jesus said to her, “Courage my daughter your faith has made you well.” At that hour the women was cured [Matthew:9-22]

Let us also wait patiently at the presence of our Lord, seeking Him to reveal what He wants to liberate us from, this week. Spare some time with patience to be still and await His silent reply.

John the Baptist appeared as a preacher in the desert of Judea, said, “Turn away from your sins because the Kingdom of Heaven is here.” God is standing at your side make your heart strong enough to believe that His Kingdom is true and just; and will reach out to you.

As the symbol of second week of Advent light two candles of Advent wreath awaiting His presence. Believe sincerely that the touch of Christ will cure your soul, mind and body.

I recommend you, that if you could spare some time out do visit a Church where the Blessed Sacrament, the Body of Christ dwells as the Most Precious Holy Land making your meditation more suitable and dedicated.

Trust that your effort will bear good fruit and like the unnamed woman, your lives too will be reformed.

PRAYER
God the Father of mercy through the death and resurrection of Your Son deliver me from all sin and habituated vices. Jesus my Master, thank you for having mercy on me. My Lord, I love you above all things with my whole heart and my soul. Lord Jesus like the woman who took the courage to touch You I desire to touch You so that you will console and liberate me.

Holy Spirit help me to grow in holiness. Triune God I adore you, Jesus the way, the truth and the life, I thank you and glorify you for delivering me.

Immaculate heart of the Blessed Mary, assist me always I pray to keep my body pure and my soul holy. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"