Monday 7 December 2015



PSALMS 81

A SONG FOR A FESTIVAL

Shout for joy to God our Defender
Sing praise to the God of Jacob
Start the music and beat the tambourines
Play pleasant music on the harps and lyres.
Blow the trumpets for the festival,
When the moon is new and when the moon is full.
This is the law in Israel, an order from the God of Jacob.
He gave it to the people of Israel,
when He attacked the land of Egypt.
I hear and unknown voice saying,
‘I took the burdens off your backs,
I let you put down your loads of bricks.’
When you were in trouble you called to me
And I saved you.

From my hiding place in the storm I answered you.
I put you to the test at the springs of Meribah.
Listen my people to my warning,
Israel how I wish you would listen to me.
You must never worship another God
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt
Open your mouth and I will feed you.
But my people would not listen to me,
Israel would not obey me.

So I let them go there stubborn ways and do whatever they wanted
How I wish my people would listen to me
How I wish they would obey me
I would quickly defeat their enemies and conquer all their foes
Those who hate me would bow in fear before me
Their punishment would last forever
But I would feed you with the finest wheat
and satisfy you with will honey.
                                                                                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"