Saturday 8 August 2015

LIFE IN HOLY SPIRIT

PART V

“Your life in Christ makes you strong and His love comforts you.  You have fellowship with the Spirit, and you have kindness and compassion for one another.”  (Phil 2:1)

Patience
“Abba Father, the greatest forgiver, Your Name be honored and Your Will be done forever.” Amen

God is the source of forgiveness. His constant love and mercy make us worthy to breathe the air. His marvelous forgiveness bestows numerous blessings upon us through the Holy Spirit. The infilling of the Holy Spirit bestows us with the recognition of our misbehavior and the depth of our selfishness. Only those who seek the heavenly wisdom and realize its true value continue to implore God for forgiveness.  Troubles of our life produce endurance, which also signify patience.

Let’s turn our attention to the Holy Scriptures:
A 17 year old young man Joseph, full of Holy Spirit was also blessed with the gift of interpretation. His brothers, who were jealous of him, in a fit of rage, conspired to kill him. They took their young brother, ripped off his robe and threw him into a dry well. The Merciful Lord saved him and later he went on to become the Governor over Egypt. By a famine in Egypt God formulate the young man to help his family. Without keeping any vengeance against his brothers, Joseph helps his father and family. Even after the death of his father, Joseph continued to take care of his family.

One day the brothers bow to him and ask for forgiveness from Joseph, who tells them, “Don’t be afraid; I can’t put myself in the place of God.  You plotted evil against me, but God turned it into good, in order to preserve the lives of so many people who are alive today because of what happened.”(Gen 50)

Here we see how Joseph not only  forgiving but also comforting and taking care  of his brothers, who once considered him as their enemy.
Number of times, the Sovereign Lord moved patiently and forgave the hard-hearted and stubborn Pharaoh. 
It teaches us that we are bound to forgive our brothers numerous times and patiently.

Stephen, who was full of Holy Spirit, even at the instance of being stoned to death is seen praying to the God for Pardon for his enemies. (Acts. 7)

The 40 days of temptation of Jesus Christ by the devil after His Baptism is indeed worth meditating.  Lord Jesus patiently endured the troubles overcoming the test by confessing the appropriate Word of God is a valuable example and a deed we ought to practice. 

When we patiently and softly confess the Word of God, the devil tends to react in similar way. Regular reading of the Holy Scriptures and reciting prayers loudly assists us in concentrating more in the divine practice, which shield us from the traps of the devil, thus grieving and weakening him.

Lord Jesus full of patient and obedient once knelt down before Judas, the man who had planned to betray Him. This deed of the Divine Lord provides us with the grace to forgive and forget even if we are right. This must be an ongoing process in our daily life so as to facilitate us to live in union with God and transform us to an individual of kindness and patience. God’s fortune and prosperity will rest upon such an individual.

The Apostles of Jesus were full of Holy Spirit and they gained the prolonged patience and endurance, which strengthened them to joyfully accept martyrdom.  Praise the Lord!  Alleluia.

One who neglects the Holy Spirit the origin of patience will not be given forgiveness.  Whoever says something against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven now or ever.  (Matt 12:31)

The Bible says, ‘If you don’t forgive others, then your Father will not forgive the wrongs you have done’. (Matt 6:15)

Whoever stands against patience is indeed rejecting the Holy Spirit.

You must have heard the saying, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth’ but our Christ Jesus taught us not to take revenge on someone who wrongs you.’ 

Another saying that goes like this ‘Love your friend, hate your enemies.’  There too the Lord Jesus corrected us, ‘Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may become the son of your Father in heaven. Remember God makes his sun to shine on bad and good people alike.  Why should God reward you if you love only those who love you?  And if you speak only to your friends have you done anything out of the ordinary.  Even the pagans do that.’

By practicing the above Lord’s law, He wants us to be perfect just as Abba Father in Heaven is perfect. 

Last but not the least: Even in the most acute agony and anguish, while hanging on the Cross, Lord Jesus did not forget God His Father and kept on praying to Him without any rage or malice towards those who were cruel to Him. He knew they had done all these harm due to the instigation of the devil. As His life was ebbing out He wished that God the Father’s punishment should not fall upon them and exercised the Power of Forgiveness- Patience.

Being the Lord’s devotee, we too walk in His way by forgiving others whole heartedly and patiently. Let us practice whispering “He/she did (whatever harm) to me in their ignorance. I urge forgiveness in the name of Jesus”  and when we do so we are fit to receive God’s grace and pardon that enables us to shine in His Presence.

So devotees of Christ, let us clothe ourselves with joy, peace, patience – to all these qualities add love which binds all things together in perfect unity. Praise the Lord! Amen!
                                                                                    …… (to be continued)

Time to go through some testimonies:
I lived a life relishing alcohol for past 25 years. Married for the past 11 yrs, I never bothered to love my wife, my children or family members and was successful in acting decent and cheating her parents too. Never cared to satisfy my family’s needs or fulfill my responsibilities towards them and kept on torturing them with my harsh and abusive words. My hands would reach out to the little money that my wife earned to meet our children’s needs. Alcohol sunk eyes of mine failed to see the pitiable  state of my family that was reduced to wearing torn clothes due to sheer poverty, rewarded by my alcoholism.
My wife and children would patiently pray in tears for me, who would bite back at them like a snake.

Amidst the huge waves of suffocation at home, my wife once left a small booklet ‘LIVING WORD’ beside me. Not remembering the exact motive behind me lifting the book but the moment I held it in my hand, suddenly a special strength overpowered me. Just as how I gulped alcohol continuously and with greed, I began to complete reading the contents of the book. I was conscious about some transformation taking place within me and that moment the same strength withdrew me from the alcoholic power.

The next Saturday 31.12.1994 I told my wife that I too shall accompany them to KLWC prayer meeting. Thus for the first time I attended the prayer service. During the prayer, I sensed terrible pain in my chest and the whole body was shivering. In an uncontrollable manner tears began to roll from my eyes as I silently obeyed the instructions and submitted myself in prayer. I was unaware of so many bondages and obstacles that existed in me. Dear friends, I began to experience weightlessness and soon was free and satisfied. I kept on wondering how the numerous efforts and ways that could not change my life, but these little petals could do in the twinkling of an eye.

As I silently participated in the prayer, I realized that it was the Divine strength of Christ that prepared ordinary people into His anointed ones for God’s service. The same strength had worked in me too to prepare me for the service of Christ.

Though I gave up alcohol in one day, I did not experience any side effects or uneasiness. My whole body that used to shiver due to lack of alcohol intake is now filled with a new strength and it was a cause of surprise for my friends. Today, I am able to confess my sins in front of my family and asked for forgiveness for the days I misbehaved with my wife and her family.  The habit of judging, anger, revenge, grudge, stubbornness, self harming nature and torturing others all dissolved in God’s love. I am able to give more love and care to my wife, children and my family members.
The knowledge imparted through the Word of God preaching at KLWC inspires me to be filled with the Holy Spirit and transform myself into a new servant of Lord Jesus.

Today our home is an abode of prayer, peace and love. The family which was living like a hell was transformed by my Lord into a heaven- like a True Christian Family.  The Lord who delivered and saved me from such a big slavery and who can deliver you from all your problems is just beside you. So take refuge in Christ Jesus who can deliver us and destroy our sinful bondage.
                                    ----Published in March 1995 Issue, LWE 2000
********************************************************************************
I had helped my brother to go abroad but a few months of his stay there he stopped contacting me. His behavior troubled and disturbed me deeply. The anger, sorrow and selfishness prompted me to accuse and complain about him to all my friends and relatives. Yet through all this I did not acquire any relief and ended up losing my peace and being sick. Through one of my friends I came to KLWC- the shore of God’s love. I was blessed with an opportunity to meet Respected Sister and lodged my complaint to her. Filled with serenity, she laid her hand on my head and said, “Just forgive Him in Jesus Name. He is contacting you.” The peace and comfort I obtained that moment is inexpressible. That day I returned home happily as all my grudges and anger rolled off with just one pray-over. The very next day, I received a call from my brother after 7 long years.
Conversing with him, I shared my experience at KLWC and I asked for forgiveness and comforted him.
                                                            ----Published in March 1995 Issue, LWE 2000
********************************************************************************
I was deeply in sorrow and sunk in depression due to the behavior of my son. Because of this, I came to attend the KLWC prayer meeting.  I came to know that Christian faith in itself is a mighty grace and also learned how to proceed unfaltering in it.  Due to this my uneasiness drifted away.

The life of my son ruined my desire and hopes to live, but the word of God regained in me the desire to live. Being filled with the Holy Spirit was a divine experience which I was unaware of and now it enables me to receive the Holy Sacraments more significantly.  The knowledge of the Word of God enlightened and transformed my heart and brain which was rigid, dull & always filled with negative thoughts.

I would blame, ignore others and was unable to accept the welfare of those around me. The Word of God preaching at KLWC, pointed that these habits were cause of my physical illness which I was suffering from 9 years and that I need to transform myself. As I began to acknowledge my faults and began to plead for forgiveness, all my aches and pains began to depart from me. Praise the Lord!! Alleluia!!

I never used to listen to others when they spoke.  I was affected by severe infection & pain in the ear for the past 22 years.  The doctor who had advised me to go for an operation was surprised by examining my ear after my healing.  Along with this God gave me a listening ear and helped me to listen and comfort others. 

I glorify the Lord Jesus who through His anointed servants showed love, concern and hope to live a life for Christ. Thank you Jesus!  Praise your Jesus!

--(published in March 1995 Issue, LWE 2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"