Wednesday 30 March 2016


JESUS APPEARS TO HIS DISCIPLES

While the two were telling them this, suddenly the Lord himself stood among them and said to them.  “Peace be with you.” 

They were terrified, thinking that they were seeing a ghost.  But he said to them, “Why are you alarmed?  Why are these doubts coming up in your minds?  Look at my hands and my feet, and see that it is I myself.   Feel  me, and you will know for a ghost doesn’t  have flesh and bones, as you can see I  have.”

He said this and showed them his hands and his feet.  They still could not believe,  they were so full  of joy and wonder;  so he asked them, “Have you anything here to eat?  They  gave him a piece of cooked fish,  which he took and ate in their presence.

Then he said to them,  “These are the very things I told you about while I was still with you:  everything written about me in the Law of Moses, the writings of the prophets, and the Psalms had to come true.”

Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, “This is what is written:  the Messiah must suffer and must rise from death three days later, and in his name the message about repentance and the forgiveness of sins must be preached to all nations,  beginning in Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.   And I myself  send upon you what my Father has promised.  But  you must wait in the city until the power  from  above come down upon you.”

 (Luke 24:36-49)
This is the Word of the Lord
Thanks be to God


May the Lord bless you and take care of you. May He be kind and gracious to you. May the Lord look on you with favour and give you peace.

With love filled blessings,
Your Sister in Christ


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"