Saturday 31 October 2015


THE EYES OF MERCY

Heavenly Father, we thank you for the Precious Gift of Mother Mary to us.

The birth of a child is an occasion of great joy, but the fact remains that we are all born out of original sin.

Mary’s soul was the most beautiful design created by God after the Incarnation of the Eternal Word, a most supreme and worthy present of Himself that an Omnipotent God ever did in this world.

There is no doubt that God blessed Mary with His grace as She was chosen to be the Mother of God but even before She was conferred with the Most Holy position She was adorned with the sanctity that was fit for this dignity.

St. Thomas Aquinas teaches us that the Most Blessed Virgin was so full of grace, that from the beginning her beautiful soul belonged to God. Secondly the grace overflowed to her body, as She merited to cloth the Eternal Word with Her most pure flesh. Thirdly, She was filled to think of the benefit of all, so that all might gain from the Salvation.

Let us joyfully witness Her presence in our day to day life as She was the first one to be loved and honored by God.

Let me share two of the many incidents that Mother Mary stood as a rock and guardian in my time of distress during my journey of life.

My elder daughter, born underweight, was kept in the incubator for almost nine days all the while losing her health to various infections. Holding onto Holy Rosary and Novenas of the Blessed Mary, I was granted extra courage to discharge her against medical advice, as it was unbearable to see the little one suffer. I brought the nine day old tiny bundle to my humble abode, laying her beneath my altar, totally surrendering to Mother Mary to take charge of her.
Lifting my cry of anguish and abandoning food and sleep for the next 3 days and 2 nights, my eyes were fixed on the Blessed Virgin and my child. Miraculously my child began to regain her health and soon we were even provided with a home doctor to keep a timely check on her.  

Once again with heartfelt gratitude I offered her to Mother Mary, with a prayer that my child be Hers. Till date she is safe in Mother’s hands and able to overcome all trials and tribulations in her life. I offer all my honor and glory to my Beloved Mother.

A complication arose during the fifth month of my second pregnancy. A scan revealed an acute cyst had formed over the foetus which blocked my child’s breath. After few days of observation, my gynecologist suggested as the matter was getting worse there was only one way out; to undergo a surgery.  Asking me to prepare myself mentally, she added that the surgery would be a risky one. They took a special written consent from us stating that they would not be held responsible had the child been injured during the procedure.
Apart from the regular prayers, I switched to recital of efficacious novenas to my Trustworthy Mother.  All my co-staffs too realizing the seriousness of the situation joined me with fasting and prayers. They equipped all the needs be it imparting courage to donating blood etc;

Here too my cry of anguish and distress reached the Queen of Mercy; as I could experience her assistance on the operation table. She kept me safe throughout and moreover the foetus in my womb was safe and sound. That moment I promised the Blessed Mother that my child and myself would be indebted to You and Your Son Jesus Christ throughout our life.

The Merciful Eyes of Mother Mary cannot forsake those who invoke Her.

Dear mothers, I assure you that whatever may be the condition of your children today, offer them to this Trustworthy Mother, she would keep them safe from all misfortunes.

Dear devotees of Christ, let me request you never to leave our Mother at the conclusion of the October month.

She requires our life to spread the message of Salvation; while we need her help every second of our life to overcome the temptations of the evil one.

A word of guidance to all the parents: Pray regularly to Mother Mary for the welfare of your children and family members; imbibe in children the practice of reciting small prayers like (Holy Mary, we love you, be with us); make a habit of gifting your children Rosary Prayer booklets and Rosaries, medals and permit them to carry it along with them devoutly.

You may not find a companion to recite the Holy Rosary; but let me remind you that Mary is always present when you recite it and your Guardian Angel would assist you to complete the recital.

Every ‘Salutation’ of Hail Mary will drive out your sorrows, fear letting in  a peace that only God can provide.

O Mary! Our Tender Mother, Comforter of the afflicted, pray for us who have recourse to Thee.  Amen.

With Love filled Blessings,

Your Sister in Christ

Kindly Note:
As per the message from God of KLWC, our team will be conducting an in-house Night Vigil service from 11 pm (1/11/2015) to 6 am (2/11/2015)   Your Thanksgivings and Prayer Requests are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"