Friday 20 November 2015


A NEW NAME
PART I
My dear friend, I pray that everything may go well with you and you may be in good health -- as I know you are well in spirit. (3 John :2)

Let us find out what happens when God places His Mighty Hands on us. It is the will of Victorious God that His people be pleasant, healthy and prosperous in His strength throughout our life. 

When Abram was ninety nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am the Almighty God. Obey me and always do what is right. I will make my covenant with you and give you many descendants. Abram bowed down with his face touching the ground, and God said, “I make this covenant with you: I promise that you will be the ancestor of many nations. Your name will no longer be Abram, but Abraham, because I am making you the ancestor of many nations. I will give you many descendants, and some of them will be kings. You will have so many descendants that they will become nations.

……..God said to Abraham, “You must no longer call your wife Sarai; from now on her name is Sarah.  (Genesis 17: 1-6, 15-16)

The name in Hebrew means princess.

Here we can see that God is pleased with Abraham’s faith and gives him a new name; again we can see in the Genesis 32, a man named Jacob who loved God truly. On a lonely night, God appeared like an ordinary man, face to face with him. The whole night they wrestled and at daybreak when the man was about to leave, Jacob refused to let him go saying, “I won’t unless you bless me.” On asking his name, Jacob replies; and the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob. You have struggled with God and with men, and you have won; so your name will be Israel.”
His life was completely transformed. From Jacob-‘one who deceives’ he was rechristened to Israel-‘May God prevail’.

And God said to him, “I am Almighty God. Have many children. Nations will be descended from you, and you will be the ancestor of kings. I will give you the land which I gave to Abraham and to Isaac, and I will also give it your descendants after you. (Genesis 35:11-12)

God’s covenant stands true till day and Israel, the powerful nation among the nations originated from Jacob.

God will be pleased with you, when you place your trust in Him; and He shields from danger those who are loyal, humble and show reverence to Him; and rewards them generously.

Dear devotees of Christ, the God who blessed and gave a new name to Abraham, Sarah and Jacob is willing to give us a new name.
As the Holy Scriptures say, “Some however did receive Him and believed in Him, so He gave them the right to become God’s children.”

We have been tremendously blessed with the authority to bear His name and to reap the great joy and courage the Holy Name bestows us. A Divine Name so powerful name that can set the satanic force to tremble, and bring the entire earth and heavenly creatures to their knees. Glory to God in the Highest!

As He said to Jacob, so does God say to us, “You are a chosen race, the King’s priests, the Holy Nation, God’s own people……” (1 Peter2:9)

God Himself acknowledged that we are special for Him and promised us that, “If you ask for anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:14)

Are you disturbed, frustrated and devoid of hope? Amidst your loved ones, yet rejected? Or afflicted by diseases and are lonely? Do you feel you have come to a crossroad in life, unable to take the right path? Or are you running away from yourself or trapped in the web of your foes?

If the answer to the above questions is positive, then trust in the Almighty God, who is eagerly waiting to bless you and give you a royal birth by transforming you as His daughter/ son.

“Whoever goes to the Lord for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty can say to Him, ‘You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust.’ (Psalms 91:1)             
                                                                                   
Let us pray
Lord Jesus, only Son of the Almighty God, sent your Holy Spirit upon me and on the earth. Spread your word of peace to every heart and the thirst to imitate You; and obtain Your promises.
Mother Mary abode of Peace, Intercede for us.


                                                                                                            (To be continued…..)

With Love Filled Blessings,

Your Sister in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"