Tuesday 15 September 2015


COSMIC  TEST

 “Did you notice my servant Job?” the Lord asked. “There is no one on earth as faithful and good as he is. He worships Me and is careful not to do anything evil.” (Job 1:8)

At once his entire world came crashing down on a single innocent man named Job. It seemed like the ultimate unfairness.  He was the richest man who lived in the land of Uz in the East and worshipped God daily and took utmost care not to commit any evil and made sure that his children too did so.

A tribe of wandering raiders slaughtered his servants and stole his belongings, a lightning struck all his animals, and a storm killed all his children.  

Finally Job was afflicted with painful sores from soles of his feet to the top of his head.  Inspite of losing everything Job knelt down and praised God saying, “…The Lord gave, and now He has taken away.  May His name be praised!”  (Job 1:21)

As days passed at the intensity of his loss and the pain from his sores made him to wail and asked God, “What did I do to deserve such sufferings?”  Job never knew that he was involved in a cosmic test, a contest proposed in heaven but staged on earth.  In this extreme test of faith, the best man on earth suffered the worst calamities.

Satan claimed that people like Job loved God only for the good things He provides and challenged God to remove those good things and Job’s faith would also melt away along with his riches and health.
From the Book of Genesis we observe the supernatural power of Satan to oppress people, but it is restrained by God. 

The Holy Bible records one more instance where Satan specifically asked permission to attack an individual.
“Simon! Simon! Satan has received permission to test all of you, to separate the good from the bad, as a farmer separates the wheat from the chaff.  But I have prayed for you, Simon that your faith will not fail.”  (Luke 22:31-32)

Job’s wife mocked at him in satanic echoes, “You are still as faithful as ever, aren’t you? Why don’t you curse God and die?”  Would Job turn against God by the echoes of satanic power?

As mentioned here, Crisis struck like a thunder in my splendid life when due to stenosis and decalcification of spinal cord I was given a warning to discontinue my job.  

All my dreams and hopes for my children’s future in abroad, came crashing down when I found myself almost bedridden.  Although I underwent surgery there were no chances to regain physical strength. Holding onto the intolerable physical pain, arising discouragement and angst from the incomplete future plans, loss of a career, physical pain, uncertain future, my family and myself relocated to India. 
Meanwhile at the onset of this crisis, innumerable questions about my faith and God began to take root in me.

The busy and a social life abroad were soon replaced by slow and long days. A few months later, frustrated and unable to cope up my life partner too moved on in his life leaving me and my children isolated. Soon I found myself in a new location totally surrounded by strangers. 

Bedridden and lonely I still held on to my faith and rituals unwaveringly.  Yet I kept on asking my God, “Why have you given me such a cruel punishment, tell me when and where did I go against you.  You know my heart! I have not betrayed or forgotten you in my good and bad times.  I taught my children the path they should walk.  I am ritualistic from childhood and done my responsibilities proactively and joyfully.  When have I not pleased you or the people whom you gave me?” 

My brother, who was with me during those days, tried to comfort me, but I found hard to be consoled.  The expressions and the sympathy of those that visited me made me sicker.
I took refuge in loneliness waiting to meet the God whom I had honored from childhood.

 As days passed, some elderly women who were active in our parish happened to hear about me and visited me. Later, they brought a priest who was anointed with the revival spirit and he guided me to experience the Holy Spirit in abundance.  Thus I met and tasted the Lord’s mighty power for   whom I was waiting. 

During the holy mass the Holy Spirit appeared in different forms like flashing of light, tearing apart the dark clouds, a dove filled with expressions of inexpressible awe, glory and innocence was flapping its wings and flying around me and closing its wings the dove stopped down to me.  I was unable to control the flow of my God’s love.  (Click here to read the detailed experience.)

Even today (24 years later) the divine anointing fondles, strengthens and comforts me in my trials and tribulations.  As the divine strength began to descend on me, my doubts and queries all vanished.  Praise the Lord!

“I will give them a new heart, I will instill a new spirit, I will remove their stony heart and give them an obedient heart.”  (Ezekiel 11:19)

The life-giving spirit of the Living God – Abba Father – fondled me nearly six hours as I was floating in air.  A new life overpowered my soul, mind and body and a new music hummed in my ears.  The Psalmist says, “I seek for my Lord and he answered me.  He freed me from all my fears.” (Psalms 34:4)

Dear friends, your life may also be inflicted with numerous trials and sufferings, but fear not it is His will that the saving grace of Lord Jesus should be revealed in all his sorrowful people. 

That is why Lord Jesus says to the sick, the worried and the oppressed, “Look at Me, who am crowned with thorns, hands and feet are pierced by nails, who has stripes all over the body, Who accepted excruciating pain for you.”  So let us fix our eyes on Him.  The oppressed looked to Him and are glad, they will never be disappointed. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"