Thursday 17 September 2015

COSMIC  TEST
PART III

 God said to man, “To be wise you must have reverence for the Lord. To understand you must turn from evil.” (Job 28:28)

Click here for part I
Click here for Part II

Over the centuries almost every suffering Christians have gained help and comfort from the book of Job. There is no compact theory of why people suffer. 

There are a few lessons we can gain from the book of Job. 

The beginning of two chapters teaches that some suffering is caused by Satan.  God allowed them but it was satan who actually caused the pain.  Some people say, ‘God is weak and cannot prevent human sufferings.’  Some assume that God runs the world from a distance without personal involvement.  But as in Job, God’s power is never questioned, only His fairness.  Suffering does not always come as a result of sin.  The general principle is that a man reaps what he sows.  God did not condemn Job’s anguished response and doubts.  God was not totally silent.  (Job 33).

Once the author expressed the truth this way – remember in the darkness what you learnt in light.
 
One of the foremost lessons is that how much well-intention advice can sometimes do more harm than good.  Job’s friends were the classic example of people who let their pride and sense of being right interfered with their compassion.  Their pious phrases and theology with Job made him sicker. 

God asked for faith even in the central issues from his 
problem of suffering.  He did not even inform Job of the reason behind it, whether he will continue to trust God even when everything went wrong. 

After a faint whisper of God in the midst of his speeches Job included a self contained poem on wisdom, which is worth mentioning.  Here Job admitted that some things were beyond his understanding.  He concluded the poem beautifully saying, “God said to man, “To be wise you must have reverence for the Lord, to understand you must turn from evil.”  (Job 28 :28)

You have seen the phases of good, bad and painful life of righteous person. 

As days pass you may also be facing such situations in your life how do you react to it?   Do you blame God or yourself or others? Or be silent like Job and try to find the purpose behind it?  It’s true, that sometimes we may not understand why such things happen!

Let me share a dream that would occur to me almost repetitively in my life. A weighing scale containing my favorite collections on a side, while the other scale contained a small gift enclosed in an ordinary wrapper. A gentle voice would urge me to opt from it. Every time my hands would involuntarily reach out to the small gift, but even before I could touch, it would be soon be taken away. 

Keeping in mind the inconveniences caused at my home we prayed for a venue. After months of prayer, the Lord made it permissible in our Parish Church.  By observing the interest of those of other languages in the KLWC devotion, through the Holy Spirit’s inspiration and with the permission of superiors, the prayer service began to be conducted in two local dialects.  Great truth is revealed by the fact that the Lord chose and granted the gift of translation to a Std. Xth student to this altar to accomplish His will. 

Dear ones, by the luster of the Divine Spirit KLWC service began to grow and sprout with all glory of God.  Youth in their prime age came forward by themselves to bear the burden of God’s service on their shoulders.  All that was foggy and dim in them vanished away as the Lustrous One was revealed.  “Don’t be afraid of your enemies because this is a sign from God.” (Phil. 1:28) 

Whenever faith was being tested, with the firm conviction that it is better to chose and become lustrous in divine glory, the branches of the tree of life joined hands and poured out tears in the Divine presence.  In an astonishing manner many new branches which were full of gifts and blessings sprouted out.  Glory be to God!
“Those who have been faithful will live with Him in His love for He is kind and merciful to the ones whom He has chosen.”  (Wisdom 3)

We who proceeded by setting the Invisible One as the goal before us, rather than, craving for joy delivered from momentary pleasures, experienced great joy and contentment in suffering for the progress of the Gospel.  Most of those who gained blessings have spread to different corners of the world and are faithfully interceding for the world evangelization. 
“His power and glory declares to the people who are sick and sorrowful.”  (Tobit)

At the definite time according to the Holy Will to spread the Lord’s eternal love the ‘Living Word’ magazine made its appearance in 1994.  Soon in different languages this glory of God was made to spread throughout the universe.  Praise the Lord!  Praiseworthy is the comforting deeds done happily by the faithful ones who gave their testimonies and who with a charitable heart are striving to bring progress to this service and thus raise aloft the Mighty Name of the Lord above the universe. 

Fervent voices of intercession help above everything.  “I glorify my Lord, my soul exalts the King of heaven, I rejoice in His splendor.”  (Tobit)

He guided me with His instructions and at the end He received the honor.  “Do not be afraid of them I will be with you to protect you.”  Just as to Moses the Lord poured out courage to serve in public, so also the Lord strengthened me. Indescribable is the depth of Divine protection of Lord which always reached out to my aid when most required at times as numerous unfavorable situations rose due to the satanic action of jealousy. 

Just as the Lord showed His disciples the place to prepare His Passover, so also when it became inconvenient to accommodate the faithful people in the parish church, the Lord prepared an appropriate place and facilities through a good hearted person by providing an open ground.  May God bless him abundantly.

“Certainly not God, who did not even keep back His own Son, but offered Him for us all!  He gave us His son – will He not also freely give us all things?”
(Rom 8:32)

Throughout our service, with great trouble and trials as we became witness of the Word, the Lord produced His love and rewards for the faithful ones before lakhs of people.  In moments of trials and troubles in service of God He encouraged me by presenting hopeful visions and dreams.  The Lord gave us the grace to labor for Him night and day through various ministries.

As KLWC was growing day by day in the Lord, the satan too tried sharpening every tools and weapons to stunt the growth.

As years passed on, in this cosmic test between God and satan I started losing my health and wealth. Soon, I realized the certainty and truth of the above dream. God was silently asking me, “Do you love me more than your world?”
All those who initially showed me the way were the ones who began to put boulder and thorns in the same path. 

Slowly jealousy crept in and began its work.  Meanwhile I too realized that my shoulders were too weak to carry the burden and accusations of the world, family, relatives and ministry members. I prayed and began requesting the Lord to once again put me in my bedridden state, so that I could do better mission with those who truly had a thirst to serve Him and to hear His words.

It was during one of those days; my Spiritual Counselor came home and said, “I am getting a message to conduct a Convention here.”
Though the circumstances were stark contrast and the message was not fully satisfying, my due respect towards my Spiritual Counselor helped me to reply in positive and the convention was held.

Though I was personally in pain, tears and an aching heart, nothing could obstruct me from my personal prayer, preaching the Word of God, doing any of His duties and meeting personally those who came at my doorstep seeking the Lord. I could feel the tight grip of God holding me even I when I was faltering.

There was abundance peace within me and the Lord would impart great courage by inspiring and preparing me by predicting His Plan through my dreams and visions. All I could do was to thank and praise  the Lord to gain courage! Thanks be to God!

 It was the month of July 1997.  During my dawn worship in my room I heard a voice saying, “You will not kneel down in this room anymore.”  Spontaneously I answered, “Yes my Lord!”  Later on as the day progressed I meditated on the message which was unbelievable. 

Yes, it came true.

The same day before my noon intercession prayer, my world came crashing down.  I offered at His feet all that I had and left my home along with my mother and two daughters.  

There were few faithful and trustworthy families who were my refuge.

Even this did not deter my Spirit within and never did I look back till date to what I lost for Him.

KLWC’s mission still continued. Seeing that nothing could break us the opponents began to touch KLWC. They had already discontinued the permission of the venue where the prayer meetings were held.

Taking risk of my life, I continued the mission for months in nearby town waiting for the Lord’s message.

Finally the Lord spoke and gave me a message!
It was with a heavy heart again on a March Saturday in 1998 which was also my birthday that the Lord granted me courage to announce to the devotees that we would be discontinuing the public ministry.  Even after withdrawing the public mission those who were against it were not satisfied and went a step further following me and my daughters.  Their intention was to end the lives of my two daughters.

But the Lord who planned everything, kept us safe in this world by Sprinkling His Precious Blood. After losing everything I became a mute spectator of the world.

Though the Public Ministry discontinued, KLWC still continues its services of the Lord. The prayer requests have not stopped flowing in, so is the thanksgiving. A gathering of faithful families and people that turn to hear the Word of God or receive healing still knocks the door. No one who seeks His blessings or shelter return empty handed from my Lord.

Dear Readers, If God can use me like a wild lily for His plan of His human race, He definitely has got a plan for you too.  He might have called you through your tragedy or lonely life.  In grief and pain you may not have given your ears to Him.  Live for Him than living for wickedness which brings all types of miseries upon you here as well as in eternal hell after death. 

After a long waiting of 15 years in the Lord, He gave me a diary and pen inviting me to write. I answered in positive though I did not ask Him to what to write or about whom!  I could only write ‘Thank you Lord.  Pardon me Lord.  Forgive all who hurt You through KLWC.  And I forgive each and every soul in Your Son Lord Jesus’ Name.’

Every time, I would try to write but would end up writing the above verses.

In between He had asked me to give messages by publishing them in the website.  My soul would be deeply in pain and wail within for unable to obey him as my technology knowledge was limited.  A soul who happened to hear my cry to obey the Lord, caught my soul tightly and made me to sit on this shore.

As how Job steadfastly refused to turn his back on God, my Abba Father gave me also the grace to suffer with dignity.  When I almost lost my dignity He appeared again.  Job’s only one request was that he wanted an explanation straight from God, His Source. 

At last Job got his wish fulfilled. 

God’s reply to Job resembled a nature lesson more than an explanation of the problem of suffering.  In short God asked Job do you want to try running the universe for a while.  Go ahead; try designing an ostrich, a mountain goat or even a snow flake.

Job had endured his terrible sufferings in the dark.  When he needed God most, God was silent.  That was exactly the point where the contest began (Job 1).  Satan had promised God that, “Job would surely curse you to your face.”  But he lost the challenge. 

Despite everything that happened Job did not curse God, he clung to his belief in a Just God.  God had a few words of correction for Job. 

God said, “No one needed to make judgments about how He runs the world.  God called Job ‘My servant’ and in an ironic twist told the three friends to go and ask for his mercy (Job 42 :7 -8)

Job gained more wisdom and God blessed him with more grace to restart his life.  God’s silence brought Job more nearer to God and to know God closer. 


Dear readers, Book of Job requests all of us “Do not leave God in any circumstances.  Let God be a part of your life because you are the temple of God. However beautiful be the temple, but without God it is lifeless.  How poor, ugly and disfigured you are, never mind as long as your God who gives air to breath and soothe you, residing in your small life, you can fearlessly live.  Thousands and ten thousands may fall around you, but you will not be harmed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blessed shall be when you enter & blessed shall be when you go out"